Monday, August 1, 2011

Effort into videos.

So recently I was like 'What the heck, I'll put a little bit of effort into my youtube videos.'
Holy poo. That little bit of effort? Turned out to be large bit of effort.

My camera exports in .MOV format, so I have to convert. The software that came with my camera does that. Woot! But its all HD, so editing it in Windows Movie Maker is actually a test of my sanity. I realized that the program that came with the camera can edit the videos just fine! Yay! No more converting and having to deal with difficult non HD supporting programs.

I export my movie. A 1:44 minute long video took 30 minutes to export. Oh, well, thats a lot longer than windows movie maker. But whatever, the 15 minutes I saved on converting the files? Totally worth it. The effort of trying to use Movie Maker? Totally worth it.

I head over to youtube and try and upload my 1:44 video. What? That is going to take 45 minutes? For.. 1 minute and 44 seconds? Today my 6 minute video took 120 minutes to upload. Holy poo.

What? 2 minute videos take 75 minutes to process and upload? Not including my editing time?!
WHAT?!?!

Soothing Colours.

Soooooooothing colours.

Ugh.

1 comment: