Sunday, December 5, 2010

Where have I been?

So you may have notice that I decided I was going to take a leave of absence, and just not mention it to anyone.

You also may have noticed that there is a big honking large amount of text in my last bloggity post.

Well party people, that is because I was doing National Novel Writing Month; and this is my Official Recap of Nano '10.

I would like to start with a pretty accurate statement, I get sick every November, without fail, every year since I started all of this madness. I do not understand it. I mentally try and make my self not sick, and guess what; I end up barely able to move in my bed. For 4 years in a row now, I have become very sick, and this year I got pretty behind.

Moving on to the next point; When you have to write 1.7k words a day, its really hard to get a few days ahead and even when you miss a few days due to death sickness, you aren't just behind by 3 days, you are behind by 5000 words. That is a bit overwhelming when your recovery just means you are well enough to sit up at your computer to write something.

Write about something you love. Not even about something you love, just have fun with your story. If you aren't having fun, its so difficult to write stuff that is like pulling teeth to finish. I had to do a time skip to an important part to get out the ending of my novel.

I didn't really explain that big post that I did in my last post.
Well I didn't like my entire novel, up until that last scene. While in theory it would be smarter to leave the last scene not public, the rest of the novel wasn't that great and I will probably be getting a proof of my last years novel, cause I really liked it.

Conclusion? This is probably one of my worst national novel writing months to date, well the worst that I've won anyways. Only lost my first!

1 comment: