Friday, September 3, 2010

Stupid Facebook.

I feel as if Facebook; the stupid series, might come in multiple parts. But this is about kids who repost things. Now, the reason why this makes me cringe is because they often post things like "It's this awareness week" or "Its Brothers Week. Repost this if you love your brother". This is the reason why sometimes I wish I didn't have a facebook.

Once upon a time, my brother posted something about teacher appreciation. I am not stickler, I appreciate my teachers and make sure they are aware of it. But I realized that the people who are reposting these sorts of things, are probably not mixing over a whole lot with the people who look up things on google. Here is a visual aid.

Although in everyone elses defense, Chuck Norris can make up truth and it would become true. He googles just to scare the 'facts' into what he says.

Back to my story. I googled this teacher thing that my brother posted about and it was about half a year off. Wow. Half a year. I don't understand how people post these things without looking them up, I mean the holiday was only 1 day out of the year, it's pretty easy for you to pick up on the status ages after. Why do people not look things up to not look like fools?

I decided to go on this rant because I opened my facebook to facecreep and I all of a sudden see two peoples posting something about Brothers Week. First of all, why do brothers need an entire week? So I googled it. And guess what? Google doesn't think they need an entire week; Cause it doesn't exist. It literally brought me to the facebook page where the girl had posted.

I see how it may be hard to resit the urge to post something that attempts to inspire morales and what not, but please, Google that shit.

4 comments:

  1. I know people that have a kid, and then you see something really sweet about how much they love them, only to have it end with "copy and paste this to your profile if you love your Children"

    facepalm

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I decided to post this blog on my facebook page but only after I googled your name and found out you were real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Thank you Tim.

    And Owen; I know! Its like "Um how about if you actually love your children, get off facebook and go do something that could aid them in life."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I confess - I reposted that I have an awesome daughter. But it WAS for her - she's 26 and my Facebook friend. :-)

    Oh, yeah, and I'm a Googler, too. Thanks, Timmy Boyle, for suggesting I read Miss Coralie's blog!

    ReplyDelete