Monday, October 11, 2010

Movies.

I have been watching a lot of movies lately, like Donnie Darko, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Lord of the Rings. I am not sure if I am the only sort of person like this, but if I watch one movie in a series, I have to watch them all. I would never be able to watch the first Lord of the Rings movie and then a year later watch the second and still have interest. I watched the 3rd Pirates movie but now that I've watched the first, I have started to watch the 2nd and 3rd. 

I am not a movie or TV person, cause ironically enough I find that I don't have the attention span for it. But because of my lack of attention span, I can't be bothered to be interested in the same thing at a later date. 

I made a promise to my self about a month ago, I would spend the next year not being right, just dance. Do you remember my blog post? I had some responses questioning if I was okay. I meant I was going to try and just live this year. Along with that promise, I decided I would try and dedicate my time to watching classic films. 

If there is anything I can't stand besides watching movies really far apart, is when people ask me. 

Person: It's like such and such. 
Me: What?
Person: Haven't you seen Star Wars?
Me: No..
Person: How do you exist?!
Me: With ease?
Person: How did you manage not to see it?!
Me: The first one was released in 1977, the lack of my existing could help. 
Person: Well you could watch it now. 
Me: At this moment?
Person: Yeah. 
Me: The combined movie length is 12 hours and 42 seconds. 
Person: You don't have to watch them all at once.
Me: ...

Do you see the cycle I go through? Movies need to send me updates on twitter informing me if they are going to impede my ability to exist. Just saying. 

1 comment:

  1. Bah. About twice a year me and a friend get together and watch all six Star Wars movie then IMMEDIATELY all three LotR flicks . . . it's worth it.

    Of course we approach near-crippling delirium as a result of sleep loss by the end of it, but by taking LotR out of the equation you're reducing the time spent at least by half ;)

    ReplyDelete